Jasper County, RENSSELAER, IN
The Jasper County Commissioners wanted a controls upgrade to save energy and better manage the county courthouse HVAC systems. In addition, the jail’s HVAC systems were operating very inefciently and using lots of energy. The Commissioners wanted to replace some of the costly electric heat with new, more eficient HW heat to rebalance the air distribution systems, to install better individually controlled units in the of ce areas, and to upgrade the building controls to better monitor and adjust the system.
After the upgrades were made by ECS Midwest to the jail, the county is projected to receive annual savings of $124,067.00 for seven years, totaling $868,469.00. For the courthouse upgrades, they are projected to receive annual savings of $39,875.00 for six years, totaling $239,250.00. Total projected savings for both buildings over each contract duration is $1,107,719.00.
Jasper County Jail:
• Variable Refrigerant Flow System
• Back Draft Dampers
• Air Handling Unit – Return/Exhaust/Relief Duct Modi cations
• Air Handling Unit – Convert Electric Heat to Hot Water Heat
• HID Lighting Retrofit
• Security Electronics – Add to B1 VRF
• Integration of B5 Boiler to Building Management System
• Add Third Boiler to B5
• Communication Bus Replacement
• Trend Controls System Replacement
• Variable Air Volume Box Retro-commissioning
Jasper County Courthouse:
• Temperature Controls Replacement and Upgrade
Jasper County is located in the northwest corner of Indiana and is home to over 33,000 residents. Rensselaer, the county seat, is home to Saint Joseph’s College.